About Me

My photo
I’m a spoilt bratty boy Chihuahua with cashmere blonde fur and a penchant for fake fur. I love dressing up and have quite an extensive wardrobe. I’m very sociable and quite cocky, I love nothing more than a girly shopping trip to the West End or Manchester where people look and admire me. I have a big selection of teddies and toys and I like sitting up high so I can feel superior and I adore the feel of fake fur under my paws.

Sunday 20 March 2011

Spring in your paw

My owner has been shopping - I give it the seal of approval although not sure about having a disco light attached to my back is a good idea.


As I’m thinking about spring and new clothes I have decided to treat the man in my life Biggie to a new harness – as a smaller dog he is better in a harness also as he tends to try and fight everything he comes across it’s better to have the harness on and I’m not tugging at his neck while he launches at a large dog – yes he has little man syndrome and thinks he can take down dogs with paws larger than his whole body.
We love Elmo’s Wardrobe as they stock some great brands and Puppia harnesses – Biggie has always had a Puppia harness as they are soft but durable and they are also washable!
He has always been a camouflage boy it goes with his tough boy image and these are very easy to put on a squirming dog and the harness is easy to adjust and it fits snuggly but not tight.
The rule of thumb on measuring is:
SIZE = Neck Girth -Breast Girth- Body Belt
S =  25cm -32-42cm -9cm
M  = 29cm 36-48cm- 11cm
L = 33cm-46-58cm-12cm
XL= 42cm-57-80cm-15.5cm
Small - Chi, Toy Yorkie, Pomeranian & New Puppies
Medium - Shitzu, King Charles Cavalier, Lhasa Apso, Pug
Large - Westie, Cocker Spaniel & Larger (Bigger/Chubby Medium Breeds)
Extra Large -Collie, Bulldog

I was also thinking he might have a bit of colour and not look so match all the time so this pacific blue colour is wonderful and it has a gingham trim round the edge ……. Very chic and stylish Chihuahua I think?

As we are big users of the retractable lead I have noticed when we visit my Gran she can’t cope with it and the thin string wraps everywhere – nightmare for everyone so I was thinking if I buy a new harness I’ll treat him to the whole ensemble and get this camo lead which is fabric covered and has a sturdy clip and is 140cm long so enough for Gran to cope with.


One of things about internet surfing is you suddenly see more products and but this blinker is very handy – you attach it to the collar or the D ring of the harness – it can be seen ½ a mile away and is waterproof and comes with three replacement batteries – perfect for small dog racing round Battersea Park in the early morning or dusk as he can suddenly become invisible not just to me but also to joggers and cyclists – this way I can spot him.

No comments:

Post a Comment